The Ohio Beef Expo’s judging contest was held on Youth Day, sponsored by the Gallia County Cattlemen’s Association and the Fayette County Cattle Feeders, at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio on March 15. More than 560 youth participated in the contest, hosted by the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) and The Ohio State University Extension. 2019 marked record participation in the judging contest.
Participants evaluated live cattle classes and were required to answer questions regarding those classes. Participants were divided into junior and senior divisions. Complete results from the contest can be found at www.ohiobeefexpo.com.
This contest would not have been possible without the valued donations of contest sponsors; A lunch for the participants was prepared by the Wood County Beef Producers, who also donated the burgers.
The top ten individuals in the junior division were:
The top ten individuals in the senior division were:
High team placings for the junior division were as follows:
2. Wood County B, Team Members: Samantha VanVorhis, Karly Goetz, Ethan
Davis and Grant Belleville
3. Wood County E, Team Members: Alexis Perry, Luke Perry, Riley Burtchin and Brooke Simon
5. Yochums, Team Members: Sydney Shelton, Emma Yochum, Wyatt Osborn and Connor Yochum
High team placings for the senior division were as follows:
2. Norwayne FFA, Team Members: Kendra Marty, Emily Croft, Libby Grossniklaus
and Tim Gunkelman
3. Preble Co. Judging Team, Team Members: Carson Shafer, Mackenzie Neal, Cheyenne Baker and Skyler Ward
5. Gallipolis FFA Team A, Team Members: Beau Johnson, Bryce Hines, Cody Brumfield and Erin Pope
1. Clearfork JV, Team Members: Dawson Staley, Makayla Crawford, Luke Raudebaugh and Caroline Tilton
4. Highlanders, Team Members: Hudson Drake, Sydney Sanders, Carly Sanders and Ross Michael
1. Warren A Team, Team Members: Caroline Bensman, Alyssa Carter and Logan Heitzman
4. Talawanda FFA Blue, Team Members: Colleen Minges, Michael Scwab, Peyton Weikley and Dalton Schlichter
Posted: March 19, 2019